You may already know that we at Vitalize treat a lot of fertility and women’s health. This includes pregnant women with their myriad complaints. Let’s face it, as much as we may look like glowing goddesses, a pregnant body can be very uncomfortable. So here are some of the things acupuncture can treat in pregnancy, a time when other treatment options are limited.
- 1 large banana
- 1.5 cups milk - I like to use a coconut/hemp milk blend
- 1-2 raw egg yolks (you can use the separated whites in a scramble)
- 1 Tbs heaping nut butter - sunbutter, cashew or almond butter
- 1 tsp chai spice blend: 30% cinnamon, 30% ginger, 15% nutmeg, 15% cardamom, 10% clove (if you want to make it yourself, or just add a pinch of each.)
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 Tbs hydrolyzed collagen - collagen is great for joint health and reproductive health, high in amino acids that are difficult to find in other food sources. Your hair, nails, skin, muscles and ligaments will thank you.
- Cod Liver Oil - good source of vitamins A, D and K, as well as omega-3 fatty acids
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder - adaptogen herb that supports a healthy immune system
- 1 Tbs pumpkin butter or puree, just because it's tasty
- 1 tsp cacao nibs